The LNG Canada Trades Training Fund (TTF) has been established to:
- Support small and medium employers that employ, sponsor, and train apprentices in BC's construction and related trades.
- Support and increase apprenticeship training and completions in BC.
- Support workforce development and increase the number of skilled British Columbian journeypersons available to work in the trades.
Applications to the Trades Training Fund can be made by employers on behalf of their apprentices.
Effective February 1, 2017, eligibility is restricted to employees pursuing the following high-demand trades:
- Automotive Service Techs
- Concrete Finishers
- Crane Operators
- Gas Fitters
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technicians
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Sprinkler System Installers
- Steamfitters and Pipefitters
- Transport Truck Drivers
- Labourers/Construction Craft Workers
Employers can make funding requests for the following types of industry training:
- Apprenticeship training
- Foundation training
- Specialized, technical, and managerial training
In all cases, funding will be determined at the discretion of the TTF Advisory Board based on criteria set by LNG Canada.
Payments will be made directly to the school or training facility, not to the employer or employee.