Wood Innovation Design Center (WIDC) Wins Award for Innovation in Architecture
BCCA would like to congratulate Michael Green Architecture on its Award of Excellence for Innovation in Architecture, received for the design of the Wood Innovation Design Center (WIDC) in Prince George, BC. The eigh-storey building is the first tall wood building in Canada built beyond current building codes, and North America’s tallest contemporary timber building.
We’d also like to extend a large congratulations to several BCCA members involved in the construction of this amazing building, including:
- General Contractor: PCL Constructors Westcoast Inc.
- Commissioning: Inland Technical
- Mechanical Contractor: Equity Plumbing & Heating
- Site Services Contractor: IDL Projects Inc.
- Foundation Concrete Contractor: Rolling Mix Concrete
- Electric Contractor: Houle Electric
- Elevator Contractor: KONE Inc.
- Curtain Wall Contractor: Glastech Contracting Ltd.
- Roofing Contractor: Admiral Roofing Ltd.
- Reinforcing Steel Contractor: Harris Rebar
- Cross Laminated Timber Supplier: Structurlam Products Ltd.