Eligible candidates for the FSWBC program
If you are already a skilled worker with experience and recognized trade qualifications, we may be able to connect you with job opportunities in British Columbia.
Experienced journeypersons are required across British Columbia, with several current and upcoming projects in the north and interior of the province. The FSWBC program seeks to fill labour gaps by connecting qualified tradespeople with the varied opportunities available in BC. Eligible candidates:
- are interested in pursuing full-time employment in British Columbia’s construction industry for a minimum of 12 months
- must have recognized trade qualification certificates, diplomas or degrees related to the construction industry
- are able to speak and understand English at a level that will allow them to communicate and follow safety procedures on the job
Note: YES, we accept résumés/CVs from Canadians as well! If you're a Canadian with training and experience in an in-demand job, we'll happily connect you to the BC jobs available if you're a match.
How it works
- Review your résumé/CV, keeping our guidelines in mind. Include details of your skills and experience – your CV should outline what you can do for your potential employer and who you are as a worker.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, please outline your availability and any details which may assist us in finding you a position with our employers. Attach your résumé/CV (including your contact information) and supporting documents (copies of your certifications, and/or photos of your work, if applicable). Alternatively, join us at an upcoming job fair or event!
- The FSWBC team will review your submitted information and compare your skills and experience with the requests and requirements submitted by potential employer organizations.
- When a match is found, FSWBC will communicate with and support both the employee and employer to complete the necessary paperwork, including assistance with obtaining a work visa (including the Temporary Foreign Worker, Youth Mobility Program, and/or Provincial Nominee Program).
- Our group will provide assistance with the services which will help you when you arrive in Canada, including housing, transportation, banking and government documents. The job placement and any assistance with paperwork and work visas is provided free of charge to the applicant.
If FSW could work for you, send your résumé/CV to email@example.com with supporting documents (copies of your certificates, diplomas, and/or photos of your work) and we'll be in touch when we have a suitable position available for you.
Our team prefers: Letter size One page preferred, two pages if details and extensive work experience require it Font: Standard, easy-to-read (such as Arial, Times New Roman, Garamond, Calibri, Tahoma, etc.), Black, 12 point Bold font for section titles only, no underlines Saved in .PDF, .DOC., .DOCX, or .RTF format.