Office and Administrative Services Manager
This position will be the first point of contact for callers and visitors, and an important administrative hub across the organization to ensure smooth and efficient daily operations.
The BC Construction Association is seeking a dynamic, versatile, highly organized Office Manager/ Executive Support who continuously looks for new ways to lend support and make improvements to work in their head office.
You will be a resourceful, forward thinking and committed team player who can help support everyone from our COO, to visitors and co-workers.
The ideal candidate for this position must be highly motivated, an excellent communicator, a self-starter, and enjoy working on a team. Flexibility, planning and coordination skills, and the ability to prioritize are also a must.
- Manage executive team’s schedules, calendars, travel and appointments as necessary
- Provide direct administrative support
- Keep the President and executive team apprised of deadlines and action items
- Manage mail, shipping and courier requirements
- Maintain office and supply inventory
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord
- Coordinate with IT provider for technical and network support including phone system management
- Organize and maintain the office electronic and paper filing system
- Ensure reception coverage to greet guests in person and answer and forward incoming phone calls.
- Support the onboarding and off-boarding process of employees
- Coordinate information flow as point of contact within office
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events and staff meetings
- Work on projects and events
Perform other duties as needed and directed
A welcoming, smoothly run, safe office where employees and visitors have access to the information, services, and resources they need.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2 years office management experience
- Post-secondary education
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and experience using Office 365
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures an asset
- Professional and friendly attitude
- Team Player
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Having the technical skills necessary to perform data entry, manage team calendars, and create company reports are highly sought after admin skills in assistants. It’s important to be familiar with Microsoft Office software like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and more. It’s also not uncommon for admin assistants to help input data into a customer relationship management (CRM) system, customer service platform, or virtual help desk. This means you need to have a thorough understanding of computer software, browsers, and operating systems in order to perform the job.
- Versatile skills required to adapt to a variety of tasks
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communicator
- Discretion and confidentiality
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Start date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
This is a full-time position. 8:30 am to 4:30pm weekdays.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2019
We thank all of those who respond, but we will only contact candidates chosen for an interview.
BCCA is committed to providing a fair and inclusive work environment and is the developer of the Builders Code. The offices in VicWest are close to public transportation and parking can be provided. Our core values for our staff include: Integrity, accountability, respect, future focus, and willingness to change, fun and humour.