RFP for Strategic Planning Consultant
Location: Victoria and Vancouver BC
Organization name: BC Construction Association (BCCA)
Due Date for proposals: March 10, 2017
The BC Construction Association (BCCA) seeks an experienced facilitator and management consultant to guide the Board and executive team in a strategic planning exercise. The all-day session is planned for June 22, 2017 in Vancouver, and will set the basis for the BCCA’s direction for the next 3-5 year period. While the focus will be on strategic planning, there may be associated discussions that review governance and organizational structure. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic facilitator with extensive senior executive experience. Deep familiarity with business planning and organizational development, as well as Board governance, is essential. The ideal candidate will have worked with leadership in construction or related sectors such as oil and gas, utility, or transportation.
What Is BCCA?
The British Columbia Construction Association (BCCA) is based in Victoria, and through our integrated membership we represent 2000 employers working in the institutional, commercial and industrial construction sectors of our province. We are a non-profit organization governed by the Societies Act. Advocating for an economic and political climate that promotes growth, competition and success for our industry, the BCCA also provides technologies and services to support BC construction businesses of all sizes, extending our reach to more than 12,000 companies across the province.
- Identify key priorities
- Set goals
- Develop strategies for achieving goals
- Ensure BCCA members’ needs are represented by the organization
The successful candidate will:
- Design, facilitate, and implement a strategic planning session
- Guide leadership to strategic decisions that will enhance market advantage
- Work with BCCA executive and Board as needed before and after the session
- Produce a strategic plan that reflects the session discussions and includes:
- Areas of focus and service priorities for the next five years
- Goals and objectives to meet priorities
- Services and programs (both current and new) that will support goals
Please send questions or proposal response by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “strategic planning” in the subject line.
To respond to the RFP: Please provide the following information by 2:00 PM, Friday March 10, 2017
- Name of Facilitator
- Name of Lead Contact (if not the Facilitator themselves)
- Contact Information (phone, email)
- History and Background of Company/Facilitator
- Please indicate your understanding of the scope of the project by outlining the steps you would take, needed human and support resources, and timeline
- Experience with similar projects
- Please provide names and contact information for three references for whom you have conducted similar work