Vision, Mission and Guiding Principles
BCCA is committed to planning for the future. BCCA’s vision, mission and guiding principles set the framework within which BCCA can identify key result areas needed to achieve desired results for all its members.
Vision: Where we want to be
In order to maintain growth and economic stability for the construction industry in the Province of British Columbia, the objects of the Association are:
- To ensure that the policies, requirements and interests of the construction industry are recognized and accepted by governments and their agencies.
- To promote and achieve the best relationships between:
- the construction associations of the province of British Columbia.
- the British Columbia Construction Association and other organizations or associations directly or indirectly related to the construction industry.
- the construction industry and the purchasers of construction and allied services.
- the construction industry and other industries or their representative bodies.
- To promote the utilization of standard and ethical practices, documents and tendering procedures in the construction industry.
Mission: What we do
The central purpose and role of BCCA is defined as:
- To provide leadership and excellence in the representation of and service to British Columbia’s construction industry.
Guiding Principles: How we work
BCCA is guided by the following principles as it strives to achieve its vision and mission:
- BCCA creates value for its 4 regional associations enabling them to grow membership.
- BCCA will:
- Seek to improve the business effectiveness of members.
- Promote knowledge transfer among member organizations.
- Work collaboratively and is committed to building collective strength of the industry.
- BCCA will NOT:
- Duplicate work being performed satisfactorily by others.